Whether you are a swim school or a gymnastics center, choosing a software solution is an important decision.
The wrong software can make your busy schedule even busier by creating additional headaches that require your time and attention.
Many people base their decisions on functionality alone and fail to consider some other very important factors.
We explore the 7 key factors you must consider before investing in class management software.
1. ROI vs Cost
- It is typically built on more modern architecture and leads to better functionality and speed
- The data is saved and backed up automatically. If you are using a solution installed on your PC your data may not be backed up if your computer suddenly dies
- Security – Online software typically has greater levels of security
- Updates – Updates are usually deployed automatically after hours making which means one less thing you need to worry about.
3. Reporting and analytics
- Does your solution support both email and SMS?
- Are you easily able to filter your customer/student lists for bulk communications? Eg. By day or level?
- Is there a good range of automation available- Eg. New student, returning student, canceled student?
- Are you able to view reporting on open rates, bounce rates, etc?
- The ability to assess and grade students on a single page (saves time)
- Ability to have flexible grading- eg. descriptive wording
- A parent portal that is clear and easy for parents to understand
- The ability to apply additional comments to assessments
- An app for ease of access for parents
Another critical consideration for class management software is support.
- Does the provider offer support in your time zone?
- What support channels do they offer?
- Where is the data hosted?
- What hosting provider do you use? (Look for something like AWS Amazon Web Services)
- What technical measures do you put in place to protect data?
- Can you share a copy of your privacy management plan?
By considering these 7 factors as well as the specific functionality you are looking for You give yourself the best possible chance of selecting the right provider for you.
Choosing the wrong provider can result in a lot of extra work if you need to change to another provider after 6 or 12 months so do your homework and choose wisely.
If you are looking for best-of-breed class management software that meets the criteria we have just covered check out First Class Software.